Wondering how to change app icons on Android? You have got a couple of options. You can use the in-built feature to change app icons or other ways to give your phone a changing look. Whenever we look forward to personalizing our phone look, the first thing we do is change the phone’s theme or wallpaper. After reading this article, you will also consider changing app icons to improve the visual presence of your app icons. Don’t worry; it’s not an hour-long process; you can change your Android phone icons within minutes. Select either of the ways briefly explained in this article and go for it.
Ways to Customise App Icons on Android
Ways to customize app icons are more accessible than you think. These ways will work for any Android Mobile phone, whether it is OnePlus, Samsung, Oppo, Vivo, or any other brand. You required nothing but your smartphone for this and a good internet connection. So, grab your phone and get ready for a change.
In-built features help you to change app icons without even downloading or installing any other third-party app. It is the safest and easiest way of changing app icons on Android devices. If you change the theme on your mobile phone, it will eventually modify the app icons. So, it is a standard or traditional way of changing apps. If you don’t know how to change app icon using a custom theme, then follow the instructions –
- Grab your smartphone, go to the settings and open the theme. If you couldn’t find it, try searching for “wallpapers and theme” in the settings search bar.
- Click on it; if you haven’t logged in, then log in using your email ID.
- Now, you can explore the countless free and premium themes available for your device.
- You need to click on a particular theme to access its features. Scroll and see if it fits your expectation, and then click on download.
- Once the download is complete, tap on Apply.
It might take several seconds to apply this theme. So, hold on and then look at the result. You can use the same way again and again. It is a pretty neat and straightforward way of changing app icons by changing the theme.
Change Only App Icon
Using the same way as before, you can change only app icons as well. This way works for wallpapers, icons, and themes. Here are instructions to merely change app icons.
- Go to the settings and look for wallpapers and themes. Click on it to explore your options.
- Tap on the icon button appearing at the bottom so you can search for a perfect icon pack.
- Keep in mind that there are free and paid packs for themes, wallpapers, and icons available. So, choose wisely, and if you are trying, we recommend you go for a free icon pack.
- Now, tap on the icon pack you want to know more.
- Later, click on the download button appearing at the end.
- After it finishes downloading, you need to tap on the “Apply” button.
The process to change icons without any third-party launcher or another app is easy. You don’t have to pay for anything, but you must have a good internet connection and a perfectly working smartphone.
How to change app icons on android using App Icon Packs?
Another way of changing app icons is using an App icon pack. You can try using an icon pack from the play store. These app icon packs change the icon of all the popular apps together. Using these icon packs eliminates the requirement of a third-party launcher. Choose any of the app icon packs from the play store and then download. Here are the steps to do so –
- Go to the Play Store and search for icon packs.
- Select either one of the results appearing on your smartphone screen and then click on it.
- Now, click on “Install,” when the installation finishes, you need to open the app.
- Apply the icons by clicking on “Apply icon Pack.”
You can change your phone app icons by clicking on them. Change the app icons as per your preference after you apply them. These ways of changing the app icon aren’t time-consuming and are effortless. But if you don’t find them helpful, then you may try a third-party launcher.
How to change app icons on Android with Third-Party Launchers?
Third-party launchers are harmful, and it doesn’t affect your data in your mobile phone when you install or uninstall them. So, you can consider using this way of changing app icons on your Android device.
Having a third-party launcher helps you to customize your phone. You can directly install an app launcher on your mobile phone and then customize it easily. Some of the best third-party android launches are Nova Launcher, Microsoft Launcher, Apex Launcher, Action, etc. Android users can download the Nova Launcher (third-party custom Launcher) using the following instructions.
- In the play store, search for “Nova Launcher” and install it.
- After that, open the Nova launcher app.
- Return to the home screen. It might automatically prompt you to ask if you want to switch to the Nova Launcher home screen, or you need to click on the app icon to do the same.
- Now, tap on the “Nova Settings” icon to change the app icons on your phone.
- Select “look and feel” and then click on the “Icon Style.”
- After that, click on the icon theme to change from the different themes installed on your phone.
I hope now you have an answer to your question about how to change app icons on Android. There are many options to explore within our phone, but we consider checking them out only when we have to. You may find countless opportunities to replace them and app icons within your phone. So, you won’t even require another app or third-party launcher to give a decent look for your phone. If you have anything to share with us, contact us or leave your suggestions in the comments.